Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - Building my first desktop, is there anyone that can help me?

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 04:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Notedog
Newb Techie

Send a message via AIM to Notedog
Default Re: Building my first desktop, is there anyone that can help me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP Mguire View Post
This A10 quad is actually faster than the Phenom 2 965, and has a built in DX11 Radeon GPU in it. So try this setup for size which is in your budget.

CPU:
Newegg.com - AMD A10-5800K Trinity 3.8GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Socket FM2 100W Quad-Core Desktop APU (CPU + GPU) with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD 7660D AD580KWOHJBOX

Motherboard:
Newegg.com - ASRock FM2A75M-DGS FM2 AMD A75 (Hudson D3) SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

RAM:
Newegg.com - Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model PV38G160C9K

PSU:
Newegg.com - CORSAIR Builder Series CX500 500W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

BDROM:
Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 12X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA Internal Internal 12X Blu-ray Combo Model ihes112-04 - Blu-Ray Drives

HDD+ SSD:
Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 830 Series MZ-7PC064B/WW 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

I know the board doesn't have an HDMI port, but you can get an adapter for that. If you absolutely need an HDMI then we can drop the SSD for a better board. I wouldn't though.
Hey there Mguire, first of all, thank you for coming back and for all of your help, I don't know where I'd be without you at this point. After your last post, I went out and started reading "building" guides, and I've learned a lot.

With the HDMI issue. So I guess I would just have one of these sticking out of my computer?
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

That's not too big of a deal I guess. The reason I want an HDMI port is because I want to use my TV set as my monitor. Is that an awful amateurish idea? Is it going to cause everything to look zoomed in and fuzzy? The tv is a 32 inch vizio.

Will this system be energy efficient, quiet, and cool? I guess all I would need now is as tower, hopefully one that's small. How would I know if all this will fit in to one? I saw Rosewill has a 13 inch tower that would be perfect, but is it possible it would be too small?

Also, I currently have a 1.5 TB external, but I suppose I should still keep an internal one to avoid clutter.

Why so much importance on an SSD and HD0D? Yeah, the SSDs are quieter and quicker, but won't having an internal HDD negate that? Or is there something I'm not understanding? I want one, but I don't understand the reason for having both types...

Thanks so much again!

Edit- Here's the tower

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811147123

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.