Computer BSOD, Random shut downs, and running really slow.

thejando

Beta member
For the past month my computer has been getting a lot of blue screens of death with error codes 0x0000001e, 0x000000a, 0x0000001a. Anywho, I've seemed to have fixed those for the most part by upgrading my BIOS and other drivers... but what really is frustrating me is that whenever I play a game such as World of Warcraft (don't judge me) my computer will start to run really slow and I mean... really slow. My game will freeze and it becomes unplayable. I have a CPU and memory gauge that shows how much % is being used and usually about 80-95% of my memory is being used with 20-50% of my CPU with only World of Warcraft running. I have nothing else open except for my GPU fan control which I don't use all the time and doesn't seem to make much of a difference if it is open or not. I've run MemTest86 and everything passes okay. I was hoping someone could enlighten me on what could be causing this problem? Is it my CPU running to hot? How can I check my CPU temp without having to go into my BIOS?

Also, my computer tends to randomly shut off completely as if the power as been cut off. Could this be related to my other issues?

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Processor
Mobo: Asus M4A89TD Pro/USB3
GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
RAM - 4 GB DDR3
HDD - 1 TB

Thank you all for your assistance

For the past month my computer has been getting a lot of blue screens of death with error codes 0x0000001e, 0x000000a, 0x0000001a. Anywho, I've seemed to have fixed those for the most part by upgrading my BIOS and other drivers... but what really is frustrating me is that whenever I play a game such as World of Warcraft (don't judge me) my computer will start to run really slow and I mean... really slow. My game will freeze and it becomes unplayable. I have a CPU and memory gauge that shows how much % is being used and usually about 80-95% of my memory is being used with 20-50% of my CPU with only World of Warcraft running. I have nothing else open except for my GPU fan control which I don't use all the time and doesn't seem to make much of a difference if it is open or not. I've run MemTest86 and everything passes okay. I was hoping someone could enlighten me on what could be causing this problem? Is it my CPU running to hot? How can I check my CPU temp without having to go into my BIOS?

Also, my computer tends to randomly shut off completely as if the power as been cut off. Could this be related to my other issues?

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Processor
Mobo: Asus M4A89TD Pro/USB3
GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
RAM - 4 GB DDR3
HDD - 1 TB

Thank you all for your assistance

What kind of power supply unit do you have, what type of ram you have going on ?
When was the last time you scanned your hard drive for errors and defragged it ?
When was the last time you cleaned up windows so it wouldn't error out on you ?
Lastly, download TF2 from steam and give it a run, if it does the same thing, I suspect the cpu maybe overheating..
"only assuming if all everything else gives a clear sign for being ok"

Back
Top Bottom