What printer should I get my parents?

mikeyRivers

Beta member
My parents asked me for a wireless printer for XMAS.

I have no idea what to get them.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

What printers are good? What printers suck? (Inkjet Vs. Laser? Canon Vs. HP?)

They just want a wireless printer that can print decent photos.

Any suggestions, are thanked. (If you provide an Amazon link, I will purchase via affiliate link if that's allowed, and if I pick your printer).

Thanks to anyone for suggestions.

Cordially

Mikey

Inkjet is for detailed color jobs, occasional printing

Laser printers are for high-use jobs, and can get expensive fast

Most printers nowadays are wireless. What's your budget? I've had good experiences with Brother and Lexmark, not Canon though.

get the laser if you can at all afford the upfront cost. toners lasts forever. brother makes good printers. konica minolta does too,

$250 at amazon
Amazon.com: Brother Printer HL3075CW Wireless Color Printer: Office Products
it's a color printer, not a photo printer. which means it won't look as nice (obviously) and will probably have a 'dry' surface, not shiny. in my opinion, if you want photos, go to target/walmart or whatever and pay their cheap by the photo prices.

It all depends on what you want to use it for. Toners last a long time, but they are KILLER expensive! If you're buying them from a store like Target or Walmart, HP and Epson are probably the best brands you'll find. Epson is more high-end, and HP is more for basic use (but you can still get excellent prints out of them). I'd also suggest 3-in-1 over just printers, because they make it much easier for you to send things as attachments through email rather than having to fax them, whatever a fax machine is. Also, it makes it possible to upload paper photos to Facebook, or just digitalize them for easier storage and preservation.

Back
Top Bottom