New CPU or new Gfx

Milk_The_Elephnt

Baseband Member
Hiya!

I've been thinking i want to upgrade my PC a little bit...but im not sure whether to upgrade the CPU or the Graphics card.
Everything else is fine and dandy, full spec in my profile :)

Currently im running an AMD FX 4100 (2 physical cores, 2 logical, 3.6Ghz) with an XFX Radeon HD R7770 which is perfectly fine for Borderlands 2, BLOPS 2 ect but i just feel that it could be better.

i thought about OC'ing the processor ( i heard people have got to and over 4.1 Ghz on stock cooling o_O ) but i'm not sure if its worth taking that risk right now for a small gain.

So, processor or gfx?

Thanks in advance :)

GFX. One thing i've learned through some of these awesome people (s.o. to PP Mguire) is how to pick upgrades.

Honestly it depends what your doing but i would get another xfx 7770 to crossfire and if that doesn't make it satisfying then buy an FX 8350 :)

if i recall correctly, the FX 4100 is a quad core CPU.
did you disable 2 cores in the bios or something?

off topic,
Taylor, just noticed your signature. I see that you replaced most of the components from your black friday cyberpower PC? should've just went with a custom build at the first place!

off topic,
Taylor, just noticed your signature. I see that you replaced most of the components from your black friday cyberpower PC? should've just went with a custom build at the first place!

2 physical and 2 logical makes quad. FX chips are module based so 1 core is treated physical while the other is treated as a virtual. They are FPUs, but the FX quad is more like a dual core with HT.

2 physical and 2 logical makes quad. FX chips are module based so 1 core is treated physical while the other is treated as a virtual. They are FPUs, but the FX quad is more like a dual core with HT.

I am not as savvy as you are, so I don't know what FPU is.
but this I know - the FX 4100 have 4 physical cores.

off topic,

The UPS Truck ran over the Black Friday computer and I could have either paid 190 dollars to get fixed which seemed ok but i also had 520 dollars that ups gave me so i went and used that money to build an intel one :0

Back
Top Bottom