floppy disk no ID address mark found

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, I cannot select my burner either. It just doesn't include a "burn" option. You need to save it to the harddrive and burn it on CD using a buring program afterwards.

lmao, I might be female, and a little less technically minded than you, but yes, it's a burner!!!! :p ;)

xxxxx
Mina

Because its not an option in the backup tool.
I will check a few more things on google, hope I can find something.

As to the floppy disk situation, my understanding is xp wants to see the media descriptor byte on the floopy disk, if its not there an error message is given. I found an old note on this for NT but it may serve for xp also. I have a bunch of floppy disks that will fail and cannot be formatted on my xp system.check here for disk media

I found one more reference- MS reference is here

MistyMina said:
When I try to format the disk I get the following error message Windows cannot format this drive. Quit any disk utilities or other programs that are using this drive, and make sure that no window is displaying the contents of the drive. Then try formatting again.

It won't let me format the disk at all!!!! :confused:

xxxxx
Mina

I know, that sucks.

I would save the backup to your harddisk and burn it on CD afterwards using the windows burning wizard (i think you need to rightclick the file, copy to...)

This problem is really a pain..if your near a computer store ask for correctly formatted disks that will be accepted by xp. Take along a copy of the microsoft tech note. I have been meaning to do that myself one day because I got a whole box of these. :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom