Upgrading CPU, MB, Ram - Advice Needed

Thanks for the updated info sir. So I did some research on Rads and this one actually beast both the XSPC and the HW labs... Swiftech MCR320-XP eXtreme Performance Radiator Series

Check the testing out here: Swiftech MCR320-XP Radiator « martinsliquidlab.org Just because I might pick up a 360 and a 240 to test them out in my set-up....

Wow I'm slow... I didn't even realize that the 3770K was an i-7... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116501&Tpk=3770k This was the one you referred to right?

Last edited:
I have the 240 version of that Swifty and no, it isn't better and it can't be. The Swiftech rad is a 2 pass single row rad. The XSPC is 3 row double density rad in an all copper build. That means that the water stays in the rad longer to be cooler. Not sure exactly what this guy is doing in his reviews (didn't read all of it) but you can't possibly cool better with less. Maybe his flow just isn't as good for the rad.

Yes the 3770k and 3570k. The i7 is the same as the i5 just with HT. Which only means 4 virtual threads.

Hmmm not sure what he was testing then... He explains the set-up though... Well maybe then I'll go with the 360 and 240 versions of the XSPC RX...

He was testing heat dissipation (according to the charts). I guarantee you that if you stuck an overclocked CPU in a loop with each one the XSPC will grant better temps.

Lol the RX is sooo beefy!!! Would this be worth it to run 2 pumps in: XSPC Acrylic Dual 5.25in. Reservoir for Two Laing DDC's I currently have 1 of these: Swiftech MCP355 Watercooling High Performance Pump Equivalent to Laing DDC 12 volt DC Pump Just trying to plan all this out with components so I can throw it all together at once...

Also: This thing looks pretty beasty for a 360 Rad: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...r.html?gclid=CMPdiom80LMCFYF7Qgod8XIAog#blank

Or I could get one of these since I'm pretty sure it will fit in the top of my case and run this for 1 loop with the CPU and GPU: http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/xsrx4xrare2.html Would a single Swiftech MCP355 pump be enough for that loop with the CPU and GPU or would I need to upgrade my pump?

Last edited:
Dual pumps are really only meant for really long loops with multiple rads, even then you have to run them in parallel.

I can't comment on the first rad you linked, but they don't have as to how many passes it has so I'm going to guess 1. Fin density is one thing, but if you have more passes through said fins you cool more than a much thicker rad as it gives the water more time in the rad itself to cool off. Hence why I was saying, that Swifty rad really has no chance against the XSPC so I have no idea what exactly he is testing.

Geez....that 120.4 rad is just ridiculous rofl. You could get one for sheer epeen hehe. Yea, your pump is fine.

Last edited:
Ok so after doing research it looks like the 480 Rad will not fit so here is what I'm thinking about running and let me know your opinion: Pump>360rad>CPU>240rad>GPU>Rez>Pump... Is the single Swiftech MCP355 beefy enough to handle that? I know the XSPC RX radiators have very low flow resistance so running 2 of them in one loop should be ok I would think...

Back
Top Bottom