Ram shadowing (Freezing Problem with Half Life 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NanoWarrior

In Runtime
Hello

Sometimes when I play Half Life 2, it kicks me out of the game and a blue screen comes up and says something about my memory. I did turn off my aggrisive timings option in my bios but it still freezes with the same problem. The problem meesage however did say something about disabling my memory shadowing or caches, something like that. So what is shadowing and perhaps how can I turn it off?

Thanks

There is an option in your BIOS to disable shadowing. Though I am not sure it will helps cause you get the message everytime something is wrong with the gfx card. Try re-installing the latest drivers and post the error code.

I went and checked for Ram Shadowing in the bois but I dont see it any where, hence what is Ram Shadowing? Im still yet to download the memtest86+. Ill go download it now or at least once I figure out how to work it.

EDIT: Ive been looking here http://www.memtest.org/

But I cant seem to find the right download. Anyone know which one it is?

Okay I ran the memtest86+ when rebooting and I left it going for an hour and 10 mins and all it was showing that whole time was just vertical line of numbers which they were flickering but none of the numbers were not changing. I went ahead and exited it but should I have left it going, was that normal?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom