P4P800-E Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.

locki433

In Runtime
I'm new at this forum stuff, and I'm building my first computer, and I have a few questions for ya guys. I bought a P4P800-E Deluxe from Asus and a 2.4Ghz Celeron D proc with a 533Mhz FSB. My manual has a Memory Freq/CPU FSB syc chart and only has PC2700/PC2100 in the list. I was wondering if I can use the PC3200 to, or if it won't work. I'm planning on upgrading to a P4 with the 800 Mhz FSB in a couple of months and want the PC3200 then and don't want to have to upgrade later if I don't have to. Thanks

Yes, you can still use the same RAM. It as listed as PC3200, which means it is rated to run at a maximum of 400 MHz (without overclocking). You can go into BIOS and clock it down. For example, right now I have my RAM running at PC2700 speed, even thought it is PC3200, so that it can run in sync with my CPU front side bus. And when you get the P4 with 800 FSB, you can clock it back to PC3200.

Welcome to the forum!
As the pizzaman said, you can run PC3200 fine. I have the same mobo and am running a gig of PC3200 ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom