New member - Ryan

rwweeber

Beta member
Good evening/morning,

I am new to the forums obviously and looking to network and learn from other IT professionals. Everyone I meet who works in the IT industry tends to belong to a forum for tech questions so I decided to follow suit and have a go with techist.com.

My name is Ryan, I am 25, married with a three year old son and another baby on the way. We all live in Nebraska (where I am stationed - Yes, I'm in the military, Air Force) near Omaha in a suburb called Bellevue.

I'm currently getting a degree in IT - Software Engineering and with that being said I am very interested in computers and computer programming specifically.
Thanks for taking the time to read this, have a great day/night.

Welcome to the forums. I don't normally talk to a whole lot of people stationed in Nebraska oddly enough (I work with a lot of military personnel), but Omaha seems like a cool place.

Thanks Hikari - I really like Omaha, I lived in Phoenix, AZ before this and was disappointed that there were no seasons in Arizona ( we had like an extended fall and a really long hot summer). Nebraska gets cold sometimes Thanks Canada! Where is it that you work?

-M4TT I am actually getting out of the military in about 8 months and looking for a change of career. Right now I am an Intelligence Analyst and I am pretty over and done with it. I am hoping to maybe get into a organization that needs C and Java Programmers, or I can get into the HTML stuff too.

Thanks Hikari - I really like Omaha, I lived in Phoenix, AZ before this and was disappointed that there were no seasons in Arizona ( we had like an extended fall and a really long hot summer). Nebraska gets cold sometimes Thanks Canada! Where is it that you work?

Navy Federal Credit Union, in one of their contact centers. I see people stationed there, but not as often. Also the Air Force is a limited percentage of our accounts versus navy/marines, so that may be a part of it.

Back
Top Bottom