Full Lockup Playing League of Legends

Curbkiddytech

In Runtime
Hey everyone, hoping someone out there has a solution to my reoccuring problem.

I play League of Legends with a few buddies of mine after they badgered me into downloading it for several months. I do enjoy playing it, but after playing one or two games my computer always seems to lockup completely in the middle of the match. I can do nothing at that point besides manually shut the power off and reboot. My hard drives are on RAID 1 so I have to wait for them to repair upon reaching the desktop. I play several other games on my computer and my computer ONLY locks up when playing League of Legends. Can anyone tell me why?

System Specs:
Mobo: Rampage III Formula ATX
Ram: 9GB
Hard Drives: 2 160GB drives for OS, 2 1TB drives for Games (both on RAID 1)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 580GTX
PSU: 1000W

What is the CPU? Check temps on both the CPU and GPU.

Use Coretemp and Intelburntest to find max load temp.

Use GPU-Z and Furmark to find max GPU temp.

If your computer locks up on either of these tests then your issue is heat or stability.

Oh sorry, I forgot the CPU.

It's Intel i7 950 @ 3.07 GHz (8 CPUs)

And I'll post those temps as soon as I get them.

Well I don't think I measured my CPU temp right but it said around 51-53 degrees Celcius and my GPU was 62 degrees Celcius I think.

Background programs that are usually always running are Skype, Steam, PC Tools Spyware Doctor with Antivirus, Nvidia Manager, and Notes if you want to count that. Otherwise aside from the occasional IE page I leave up like Facebook or Twitter I don't have taxing programs running in the background. It's weird because I played a lot of League of Legends last night with my friends and for some reason my computer didn't lock up at all. But usually after a few games it does.

Back
Top Bottom