Radeon Cards: AGP Bus speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosBlizzard

Banned
Has anyone ran their Radeon card @ 70.5Mhz on the bus? I was wondering how well these cards can handle an increase in AGP bus speed? I do not know the overhead ATI designed them with.

Thanks,
CP

Besides overclocking...what is the advantage of running a higher frequency? Just data transfer? I have mine locked right now...but it's changeable as well...i never mess with it as i don't overclock my lil' card lol.

Well, just the improved data transfer.. I was also wondering.. Do the hard drives you have putup with that high of a PCI speed?

I have RAID, @ 140Mhz bus.. I am really pushing it.. I get 90MB/s sustained @ 140Mhz.

If you can lock your AGP/PCI do it! The only frequency increase worth anything is the CPU core, and FSB..

ChaosBlizzard said:
Well, just the improved data transfer.. I was also wondering.. Do the hard drives you have putup with that high of a PCI speed?

I have RAID, @ 140Mhz bus.. I am really pushing it.. I get 90MB/s sustained @ 140Mhz.

If you can lock your AGP/PCI do it! The only frequency increase worth anything is the CPU core, and FSB..

hmm..yah it's has a lock feature. i dont overclock my vid card so i guess i'll keep it locked. would hate to fry it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom