The dreaded hypertransport sync flood error

Last night I downloaded AMD Overdrive. It showed my Northbridge and HT link running at the same speed. I brought the HT down to 1800 (per another posting I had read). Tried pulling two of the ram sticks, but then my wireless wouldn't work. My wireless card didn't even show up in the device manager. Put the sticks back in and my card showed back up. Strange. Went ahead and converted the movie that I couldn't get half way through before, and all went well. Then I ran a stability test using AMD OD. It ran all six cores at 100% for an hour through varies exercises. That also went without a hitch. Core temp got up to 93 deg F during the test. So far so good. Thanks for the help !

If your wireless card does not show up when you pull 2 sticks then that is a problem. That problem will likely lie within the motherboard because it isn't supposed to do that. If by lowering the HT then it is in fact an IMC issue and simply raising the CPU-NB up a tad would have fixed the issue.

How does one up the northbridge speed ?
Not the speed, the voltage. Lowering the speed produced stability meaning my theory of 4 sticks making in unstable was correct. A tad more voltage would have fixed this.

You have to do it in the bios. I recommend any tweaks to be done in the bios as you really don't know what your software is doing to your hardware.

Hope everyone had a happy T-Day. I raised up my NB voltage a couple of tenths but it still appears to running a 2000 MHZ ? Please bare with me, I have a lot to learn !
I replaced the two sticks of ram I removed and removed the other two sticks and all works fine, but still getting the occasional HTSFE.

Back
Top Bottom