Pentium 4 confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
derfist said:
isn't Microsoft releasing their 64 bit OS early next year? this should help increase d perfomance of the 64 bit CPUs rite? some1 correct me if i'm wrong.

Correct, the operating system itself will take advantage of the chip, NOTHING ELSE. Only a 64 bit program can utilize the 64 bit chip. Otherwise its still going to run as a 32 bit, and it makes absolutly no sence to have one.

TheMajor said:
and Intel does not have desktop 64bit CPU yet... lmao
only for servers and they do not support 32bit

Yeah, and? Why build a processor that is improved... but NOTHING CAN SUPPORT ITS FEATURES! lol!!! I don't think that says Intel's falling down hill... I think that says AMD is just plain stupid.

This to me is like... buying the Bat Mobile... and not having a drivers license! Why would you want one?! To say you have it? LOL!

Rizinc4 said:

This to me is like... buying the Bat Mobile... and not having a drivers license! Why would you want one?! To say you have it? LOL!

Personally, if I had the Bat Mobile, I really wouldn't care whether or not I had a driver's license! :p

I'll have to agree with most here, the 775 is just a test phase for better things to come. I am an Intel fan, but I do see that they are starting to slide down hill. It seems to me also that AMD and Intel are now trading thier heat problems. The new 64's are running much cooler than the racey prescotts. Which would make me wonder if its possibly time to switch brands...:eek:

Joeisalsocool said:
Which would make me wonder if its possibly time to switch brands...:eek:

With the heat, they are getting faster. There has to be a trade off somewhere! Intel would not be making the Prescott cores if they did not feel it were safe enough to run in a system. Why would they sell millions of their CPU's with warrenties, if they had no confidence in them? They wouldn't, plain and simple. For now stick with Intel, though most will argue it on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom