Ghetto monitor backlight fix.. Will this actually work?

What dc voltage should I power the lights with if I can figure out a safe way to wire it up?

Last edited:
8W T5 LED Tube with 100 to 277V AC Working Voltage - MVA-FT5-8W, 8W T5 LED Tube with 100 to 277V AC Working Voltage Manufacturer - Wenzhou Mvava Photoelectric Technology Co.

Those similar lights need 120 volts ac. Are you sure the ones I have are dc and not ac?

I just don't understand why no one even bothered to put anything on the internet saying how to power those lights. I can't even find a fixture or anything.

Do you have any ideas on a better way to light up my monitor? The link to that website you posted doesn't sell the lights I need for my monitor and there isn't anything on the internet documenting how to use those fluorescent lights.

I thought the balance switched it over, but I could be wrong.. Okay I am... Most likely those are ac, but you still need too find the proper balance to light them.

The easiest would be to buy none of the screw in bulbs like the did in that article you linked first, as they have the balance and what not built into it.

Back
Top Bottom