World records smashed.

OMG...I looked at the video again and this guy is so stupid, not even wearing goggles. Do you realize how fast the stuff can freeze your eyeball?
you just don't splash nitro on yourself and "wipe it off" It would boil instantaneously the second you came within contact of it and that will leave a mark

Obviously this person should not be handling anything more than a glass of milk

I've splashed myself on my fingers with Liquid Propane and several types of refrigerants, most only boil around -40f and it can hurt, I was in the business for 20yrs and you do build up callouses so it's not too bad . I can't possibly imagine splashing something that boils at -320f on yourself or in your eye.

Completely different substances. This guy has been handling this extreme stuff for quite a while too and I assure you, he knows what he is doing. He isn't the only pro overclocker that does this, so you obviously not having any experience with this stuff calling all of these guys including myself stupid is quite ignorant and arrogant of yourself.

You can splash LN2 on you and you will be completely fine. I have done it myself and it's completely safe. How about doing a bit of Google before assuming something you obviously know nothing about. Take a look at the Youtube video Ghost provided explaining exactly what I was talking about before. This is also why he heats the blocks up in between sessions.

The heating seems to be more to melt the frost and get it to evaporate quicker... I only see the torch used when heavy frost has built up.

Just for more clarification, if this was so unsafe they wouldn't have been doing this with a few hundred people around. I'm taking the pics 5-7ft away.

SNC00014.jpg

SNC00013.jpg

SNC00017.jpg

Quakecon 2010 I got to spend a lot more time with him up close and personal at the eVGA booth. If the LN2 was going to freeze things on contact (which is totally a myth) then it would have frozen this Monster I put in there. As I said before, if this was so in particularly unsafe, they wouldn't have allowed people within a few inches of the overclocking area. This stuff was ran for 4 days starting at 9am and ending around 7pm each day.

DSCN1327-1.jpg

DSCN1326-1.jpg

DSCN1325-1.jpg

DSCN1324-1.jpg

The primary issue with liquid nitrogen is that if you were to use it in an enclosed area or a small area. It can quickly vaporize and drop the Oxygen levels into the dangerous regions very quickly (below 18% IIRC). Our air is 78% Nitrogen, 21% Oxygen, and 1% other for reference.

@Joe C
I believe that he should have some safety equipment as well. However, he is only endangering himself, not others. He is showing overclocking, not teaching a class on safety precautions regarding liquid Nitrogen.

@PPM (off topic)
That fourth picture is one of my favorite energy drinks atm. The energy is amazing, but I have never had such a harsh crash as from that drink. I also love the taste too. A bit ironic that you put a Nitrogen injected (dissolved really) energy drink into liquid Nitrogen.

The primary issue with liquid nitrogen is that if you were to use it in an enclosed area or a small area. It can quickly vaporize and drop the Oxygen levels into the dangerous regions very quickly (below 18% IIRC). Our air is 78% Nitrogen, 21% Oxygen, and 1% other for reference.

@Joe C
I believe that he should have some safety equipment as well. However, he is only endangering himself, not others. He is showing overclocking, not teaching a class on safety precautions regarding liquid Nitrogen.

@PPM (off topic)
That fourth picture is one of my favorite energy drinks atm. The energy is amazing, but I have never had such a harsh crash as from that drink. I also love the taste too. A bit ironic that you put a Nitrogen injected (dissolved really) energy drink into liquid Nitrogen.
Yea the areas that they do this are large (hence Quakecon). Thing is, Vince does extreme OCing in his personal garage that he has setup specifically for that. I do believe it is very vented though. Only seen pictures and what he told me.

Doing this stuff is no different than a pro electrician dealing with 220 and breaker boxes with no gloves. The stupidity level is as high as the confidence but hey, their life, or in his case hands. Really though, it isn't ALL that dangerous with the way we use it. When I used it I had that arm thing just like in the first set of pics. It goes straight into the pot and you don't handle it at all unless you want to LN2 the GPUs.

Yea that Monster is the only kind I like as I think the others taste nasty.

Back
Top Bottom