Building a gaming desktop....

I hate the "can I run it" site. It's seriously such BS. The recommended for any gaming machine is 4GB due to running background tasks. These days people don't think to turn their junk off before launching a game. With stuff piling up in the background when you go to play a game half your stuff gets put in swap file which is located on your HDD (it's like putting RAM stuff on your much slower HDD). It makes things way slower to say the least. Most games wont even cap 2GB so if you had 2GB of stuff running in the background it leaves you 4GB left for your game. Due to the 32bit nature of gaming currently no game natively sees over 3GB of RAM and so developers cap their usage to below that.

Yes, but drop the RAM to 1600MHz. You don't need anymore than that. I have the 1866 kit of their "masters" in my PC right now and I have it set to 1600. There is no difference.

Ah I didn't even know I had changed it from the one given at the start. WHta does the extra MHz do for an extra £10 anyway?

Lol ok. And I know overclocked means that people do something to the hardware boost the CPU speed, but say I wanted something that says "3.40GHz or 4.0GHz overclocked" Does this mean there's something I have to do to get it to the highest or what?

Um, show me exactly what you mean by a link and I can explain further. As of right now, it just sounds like you are talking about turbo which is automatic.

Haha okay. And I'm not, I'm building from the overclockers website. I was going to buy from there before I came to these forums and asked. :p

The motherboard makes all the difference, make sure you have on that fits your needs, and the hardware you want to run off of it.

Back
Top Bottom