Do you Hardcore PC enthusiats have good speakers?

I would if I could afford some :p Next year when I have a job I'm planning on getting a bunch of stuff including some decent speakers. My current speakers are actually ok, but they're 4.1 which is awkward to use nowadays (they're from the early 90s).

I'm an audiophile and when I lived with my parents I had a very beast audio setup. Back then it was basically "required" to have a sound card for 2 reasons.
1) Single core "weak" CPU that needed as much offload as possible
2) Hardware audio acceleration with EAX.

These days since I traded off my PA for more visual because I live in an apartment I have everything going through some JBL Creature 2.1 speakers. They are tiny, but the audio is actually quite nice compared to some stereo speakers I have heard. Since I can't really turn it up I have felt no need to upgrade my system and I have had this problem for probably the past 4 or 5 years. Hence, no speaker upgrades since I got these. That being said, I feel there is absolutely no need for a sound card because these speakers warrant no need for the extra quality. You really need a very good quality setup to warrant the need of a sound card to tell the difference between that and onboard.
My headset is a Turtle Beach X12 set. I only use these when I play BF3 with my friend or when I go to a LAN.

Back
Top Bottom