Really Dumb question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheMajor said:
You should get Opera. Way better :D
Avant sucks, its just a skinned IE.

LOL...somebody above said that you would be the only one that would suggest Opera. I've heard good things about it, but I use Firefox myself.

nubius, i never thought you'd convert........ehem.....well, i just use mozilla, firefox as a back up. hope you like it.

IE's fine, never made much sense to me why you'd use another browser, everyone says they're faster.. well, iono how much faster, other than that being the only good thing, each browser has it's faults, where IE will work perfectly each time. Anyways, as for Nubius's question, I had that problem sometime ago and I dunno how I fixed it. It pissed me off though..

*edit* ohh and before anyone says, well try them first.. I've tried opera, mozilla and firefox, and they all blow, websites come up looking totally different, half the time they don't even work. Where's the love for IE?! hehe

me using ie6 now. used moz firefox but got a problem like some scroll panes not loading at all. i really needed it as i use it to select the names of the recipents while mailing. so swtiched back to ie6.
well other than that i thinit works just fine.

as for opera is it free? cause long time back (when i had a Pentium I) i loaded a trial version and had a hell of a time uninstalling it. all my image files were attatched with it so finally after removing it i could not view any image files.

well with ie its buggy but safe. well the pop up problem is really irritating.

Nubius said:
Yeah so when I went to download an Mp3 from an unknown artist so you know they just put it up on their pages and whatnot, so yeah I accidentally hit "Always remember this decision' So ya know you have the option of Open or Save when you go to download anything, text file, a program or anything like that, yeah I don't want it to automatically choose open because now I have to go to 'save target as' but if I click a link currently it just starts downloading it to a Temp Folder...I don't know where the setting is to correct this. Anyone else know :p Thanks all

Click on tools, extensions Click get more extension

on their website

download manager tweak

download "download manager tweak", so you won't have the same problem you had in IE

download adblock too. that is a real nice feature

What about Netscape?

Yeah, Firefox has hell lot of free extensions that can be very useful. I personally use 'Gmail Notifier' - To check gmail from your firefox browser, 'popup blocker'- Good utility this one. and 'download tweak' and 'flash got'. There are lot of extensions and themes too. This is what makes firefox so cool :cool: and ofcourse all are 'Free'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom