Hello

Ki's Pot

Beta member
Hello, I go by the name Ki.

As to why I registered:
I am still a very young person and in my so far life I've never really favored one field of profession over another. Within the past months I've simply decided to be a very well rounded person.

Now, technology and computers is one area that I've always felt that I was less than a novice in. I want to be competent in this field and I just don't know where to start. An accomplish pointed me toward a library where I can start my studies (Gentoomen Library) but the collection is so large that I simply do not understand where to start.

The only computing experience I have is my personal casual use (nothing big) and a very very basic introduction to computer science (java) class that I took in my early years at high school.

So that's the end of why I'm here and here is the question I ask all of you: where should I start to become competent in computer knowledge? Languages? Mechanics (building computers and such)? Or even something else?

Also, I would love if you would give pointers toward things that are useful and at the same time relevant to the rapidly advancing technology world.

Thanks,
Ki

Last edited by a moderator:
Start by reading through some of the troubleshooting posts here at the forum, you can learn fixes to certain problems, what certain parts of a computer are and what they do as well as some programming help in the appropriate section. Head to your local library, get some books on Computer Science and hey, you're on the internet. The internet is a vast, never-ending resource of information. Use it!

Back
Top Bottom