can only start in safe mode with xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlr

In Runtime
k guys here we go ill explain this as good as i can
first of all im using windows xp pro
ok i tried to install norton 2005 on my computer i already have norton systemworks 2004 so what i did is change the install folder to the antivirus that came with systemworks 2004 not a good idea as now i cant start my comp in normal mode ,i am in safe mode at the moment but when i goto add and remove programs to uninstall norton it just says your comp is in safe mode, please restart in normal mode and wont uninstall it please help as i have important files on ere that i dont wanna lose oh and by the way it actualy took about 8 mins to start up in safe mode too hope someone can help cheers mlr

norton doesent seem to be running anyway ive tried removing norton and tried reinstalling but it wont let me because its in safe mode damn theres goto be a way

mlr said:
k guys here we go ill explain this as good as i can
first of all im using windows xp pro
ok i tried to install norton 2005 on my computer i already have norton systemworks 2004 so what i did is change the install folder to the antivirus that came with systemworks 2004 not a good idea as now i cant start my comp in normal mode ,i am in safe mode at the moment but when i goto add and remove programs to uninstall norton it just says your comp is in safe mode, please restart in normal mode and wont uninstall it please help as i have important files on ere that i dont wanna lose oh and by the way it actualy took about 8 mins to start up in safe mode too hope someone can help cheers mlr

I would format, reinstall without norton definitely

mlr,

what happens if you press "F8" at boot time and enter normal mode? are you getting any error? Or it hangs at normal mode before loading all the programs?

if i go to normal mode it takes about 10 mins to boot up then when it does eventualy get to the desktop theres no icons or anything so i cant use normal mode,as for doing system restore in safe mode it wont let me do this either looks like im going to have to refotmat,damn thanks for all your imput guys

I guess he pretty much screwed up the system , trying to install/remove Norton stuff.Reformat/Reinstall is a sound option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom