memory question

negativefx83

Beta member
Yes. you have 4 free slots, and the ram you want is 2 of 4GB each Sticks. so basically your gonna get 2, you put them on and you still have 2 more free space. also if you need help you could check YouTube how to install Ram, if your not familiar with it. Good luck mate.

Thanks for the reply. But im wondering since my board says ddr2 (from the mfgr website) but when i run speccy or cpu-z it says ddr2 ddr3.. how do i know for sure?

The intel chipset site below show ddr2 & ddr3. Just look for something in the range of what is stated.

Intel G33 Express

It most likely will not use the ram you posted, speeds are significantly higher than the chipset supports.

Memory Specifications
Max Memory Size (dependent on memory type) 8 GB
Memory Types DDR2-667 / DDR2-800 / DDR3-800 / DDR3

Directly from Intel's website.

What would you suggest for an upgrade in ram? is there an upgrade i could get without having to get a new board with ddr3?

my ddr2 is reading at 399 speed, can i get 800mhz ddr2 that would work on my system?

Last edited:
Memory reading at 400 is 800MHz. Slightly confusing but it's how memory works. Upgrading would not do anything for you. You're best choice is to keep the memory you have now. DDR3 at speeds lower than 1600 reduces performance when compared to DDR2.

Your board most likely has 2 slots for DDR2 and 2 slots for DDR3. Each module will not fit into each others slots so you can't buy DDR3 memory and fit it into a DDR2 slot.

Back
Top Bottom