New PC hanging problem

kamoflarj

Beta member
MY custom built PC is running fine apart from one thing: After running for awhile it will hang on basic tasks such as opening internet explorer and viewing system info in 'my computer' normally these tasks are performed instantly, but during this it takes up to 10 seconds. I am not overclocking anything. Everything is standard. Temperatures are fine, plenty of RAM available when it happens, CPU usage low. The only thing I can do is restart the PC and it will run fine for hours. Also one an application starts I can run it fine like games will perform normally it's just things like internet explorer, chrome and some other basic tasks like using explorer.

My specs:

I5 3570K - CPU
Asus P8Z77-V LK - mobo
60 GB Corsair Force 3 GT SSD (OS installed on this)
2TB Seagate barracuda secondary drive.
8GB (2x4GB Corsair vengeance 1600mhz memory 1.5v
GPU: Asus HD7850
Corsair HX1050 PSU

What is your current antivirus? Try another one if you think the AV was causing the problem.

Try running your pc in safe mode for a while and see if this issue occurs again, if it does then you might have a hardware problem, If not then you can check your software

Hanging problem will need you to check almost every part of your computer. Try the following:
1. Reseat your RAM and video card.
2. Check your components with bloated/leaking capacitors.
3. Test your RAM with memtest or other testing software.
4. Load your computer in safe mode and scan your computer with your antivirus, malwarebytes and ccleaner.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom