Multiple Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

duncan

In Runtime
Please can anyone help clear this up.....

I have a Sony-VAIO Laptop running XP Pro SP2 with ATI Rage Mobility Display Adapter. In the Settings for display properties it says (Multiple Monitors) and I have plugged in another monitor which duplicates the desktop, but I wish to stretch the desktop accross both the new monitor and the existing LCD. There only seems to be 1 monitor type shown. There is no identify tab or checkbox to "extend my windows desktop onto this monitor" Is my display adapter unable to do this - is it a driver issue or a windows setting - or shall I just give up now....

Appreciate Help.!!

You said you can make it so that it simply duplicates your desktop but you can't find an option for stretching it right and not just no image at all coming up?

On my moms laptop I can acquire what you are looking for by right clicking on the desktop>Properties, click the settings tab, and then the Advanced button. From there you click the 'Displays' tab and it should show a power on and off button for the extra monitor and whatnot, make sure that it is indeed turned on and it's monitor 2. Now go back to the Settings tab and if that checkbox EXTEND MY WINDOWS DESKTOP is still not there, then try changing the pull down menu above it where it says "Displays" to "Multiple Monitors".

Sorry if I had a bad explination, but it's kinda hard without being there.

I got it in the early hours ..... I didn't have all these settings that you mentioned, but I knew they should be there - this was basically the problem, as I was sure I had seen them before - it occured to me that the video drivers that came with xp pro that I had recently upgraded to may not be as good as the drivers that came with the original xp home cd for my laptop... I would have assumed that they would bve better ones, but they were not.. Anyway, 3am - installed old video drivers and Hey Presto - dual monitors.... Thanks for advice anyway.. Hope this helps anyone else with same prob..

duncan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom