Games lock up

Nukem

Where am I again?
Since I installed the SSD drive in my machine, I have had every game I play freeze after about 10 or so minutes... Doesn't matter if it's Fallout 3, Skyrim, to Black Mesa, Doom3 BFG ed. All freeze up and the GPU temp has not gone above 52C at any time. (usually less)

So far this is what I have done to try and find out what the problem is.
note: Games are not installed on the SSD. Steam/Ga,es are on my 250GB drive.
1. Very thorough cleaning
2. removed/reinstalled nvidia / MSI mobo drivers
3. cleaned/re-applied thermal paste (on CPU only)
4. ram memtest 86 over night with 0 errors
5. ran OCCT for about 4 hours with no errors.

Any other ideas I can try? I'm at a lose as to why it's doing this...

check for firmware update on the SSD.
check for motherboard BIOS update.
swap out the SSD for regular hard drive, if no issues. RMA the SSD.

Bios is good..

Have a few minor updates to the mobo....

I can't touch the Ptriot server right now for some reason, so I'll check for firmware in a little while.. Didn't think about that one, so thanks!

Firmware is up to date... I really don't want to take all that time reloading. (enter whine here) :p

I might have to wait until I have a spare day to work on it. right now, forget it.

Check to make sure your pagefile isn't being used on the SSD, and that you at least have a small one or a regular on on a different drive. That can cause freezes too.

I agree on the try a different drive. If you don't have freezing issues you need to RMA your SSD.

This happened to me because i had an OS that needed reactivating. I know you didn't mention it - but if you changed your motherboard, maybe this is the problem?

I moved my pagefiles regardless... So thanks PPMac. Games still lock up.

I haven't changed anything but added the SSD, so going with general majority, me'thinks I might have to RMA a drive... Windows works perfectly well on it, but when I add the game to it, I dunno... something goes ka'put. So when I have time, I'll swap drives back and go from there... Thanks ya'll

Back
Top Bottom