Sound Issues

CaptainShake

Solid State Member
Hey tech-forums, my computer's been having a lot of static with speakers lately. Whenever I plug them into the motherboard in the back or the headphone jack in the front, a bunch of static buzzing comes on. It'll work for a few minutes when I restart my computer, but eventually the sound just turns into static again.

I tried connecting my graphics card to an hdmi slot on my monitor with a DVI-HDMI chord, but there's no sound at all when I use it. I had to switch graphics cards to an older model recently (water damage ): ), but it used to work on my more up-to-date card. Could it be because of that?

Appreciate any help with either of those issues. You guys are awesome.

You have water damage on the card it could have caused something to short out. Either that, or your HDMI audio is not set in the audio options.

As for the other issue, is it static or buzzing? Those are two different things. Static could be a ton of different things. Buzzing on the other hand is usually just associated with ground out. That normally is an issue with the end of your speaker cable that you are plugging into the port on your computer.

The card I'm using now doesn't have any water damage on it and my HDMI audio is set on my computer.

When plugged in the back it's steady static. In the headphones slot it's quick bursts of it, and I've noticed on my computer it keeps saying they're plugged in, then unplugged over and over even though the headphones work fine. Does that shed light on anything?

Back
Top Bottom