RE: Craigslist

PhantomGamer

Baseband Member
RE: Craigslist

I was just wondering what you fellows think of buying gaming PCs etc. off of craigslist? To me it seems a good idea considering the prices you could get on builds, and so long as the person displays the working order of the computer before your purchase there shouldn't be any problems with it. Opinions? Yay or nay? Any of you ever bought or sold a PC off craigslist before?

Re: Craigslist

I would post the specs of said build with the price on here before wasting your time seeing it.
I bought a PC off CL that was an absolute steal back in February. Other people just like to gip the ones not so knowledgeable.

I don't plan on buying one off of craigslist i was merely attempting to extort opinions as its an interesting topic to me :) but congrats on that steal! Some people are just so lucky!

Well I have been gipped too. 100 bucks and a 465 for 2 dead 470s.

I think it's a good idea if you can make sure absolutely everything works fine and then post here to get many opinions as to if it's a good deal or not. Just a general statement from me on the matter. I got my 580 from a trade off CL with the 2500k and board I got off CL lol.

Craigslist is like Ebay, in the sense there is a large variety of value and lack of value. If an individual proceeds with a bit of caution and intelligence, both are viable options. If you simply pay without looking or understanding, you are prey.

Ive been buying and selling computer parts for 2 yrs off cl, Ive had only one bad thing, it was only 10.00. other than that plenty of steals. 2nd stop after microcenter

Last edited:

One of the thing I have found with Craigslist is that ppl think their electronics are worth more than they really are. You have to be careful. I guess thats true with anything.

Here is yet another caveat to Craigslist. I saw a picture posted of a Compaq laptop for sale and it looked like it was in pretty good shape. Problem: the picture showed the laptop sitting on the carpet. Maybe not a big deal for some, but anybody that has run across carpet in their socks and touched their little brother's ear (I may have, the jury is still out.) a ton of static electricity lurks there. Also the cooling fan takes in air from the bottom of the machine. The carpet will block that for the most part. Sometimes you have to wonder how good the equipment was cared for on Craigslist.

One of the thing I have found with Craigslist is that ppl think their electronics are worth more than they really are. You have to be careful. I guess thats true with anything.
And people think your stuff is worth way less than the price you're asking which is half the cost of used anyways.

Here is yet another caveat to Craigslist. I saw a picture posted of a Compaq laptop for sale and it looked like it was in pretty good shape. Problem: the picture showed the laptop sitting on the carpet. Maybe not a big deal for some, but anybody that has run across carpet in their socks and touched their little brother's ear (I may have, the jury is still out.) a ton of static electricity lurks there. Also the cooling fan takes in air from the bottom of the machine. The carpet will block that for the most part. Sometimes you have to wonder how good the equipment was cared for on Craigslist.
Most laptops are plastic so it wont harm them. If it's off it wont hurt it being on the carpet at all.

Back
Top Bottom