so many choices!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yellow people!

Im gonna upgrade my old system a litlle bit (no money for the newest stuff). What do you guys think of this stuff. I want a socket A-mobo with nforce2, preferably Abit. I was thinking about NF7-SL, although these models seem to be quite similar to each other?

Abit AN7
Abit KD7-A
Abit NF7-S2
Abit NF7-S2G
Abit NF7-SL
Abit NF7M

CPU shall be Athlon 2600+ (barton). I've heard they're better than semprons/thortons etc. and good over clockers?

Memory will be Kingston 512 Mg/400Mhz.

HDD. I want a sata drive. I was thinking about this one:

Maxtor MaxLine III 250GB SATA 3.5" 16MB 7200RPM SATA150

but there's also:

Maxtor DiamondMax10 250GB SATA150 7200rpm 16MB

which one would you get?

So hopefully ya fellas got some experience of these particular parts, some expert recommendations and of course loads of mocking comments.

i just bought the nf7-s v2.o it is quite popular among overclockers and can lock agp-pci bus, change multiplier/frequency and do everything else you need to get a good overclock. as for processor go for the 2400+ xp-m it is the mecca of socket A overclocking. as for your harddrives i think most people would suggest one drive that was like 10k and really small(somewhere around 34 gigs) and putting windows and your games on it, then get a big ide drive that was 7200 or so and put everything else on it... good luck

try the AN7...
i am the sales & maintenance manager in an ABIT distributer's company ...
so i think it is the best while u want the ABIT

I *think* I'll go for these parts:

*Abit NF7-SL (or an7). Features seem nice and the price aint bad either. dunno about the oc options, but i think i'll cope with it. I know this NF7-S vol2 is one helluva oc'er, but it's a bit pricey. Thanks for the hint about AN7, that looks one fine board and the price is not that bad. Gotta read some reviews...looks promising...

*XP 2600+ (barton). These high oc'able MP cpus mentioned above are freakin expensive. Besides, all cpus I found around here were with thouroughbred core.

*Maxtor MaxLine III 250GB SATA 16Mb. Those fast but small Raptors are way too expensive for me. And I choose this maxline III over that diamond max 10 cause maxline3 has a native sata 2 support and 5 year warranty. on the other hand diamondmax10 has "Fluid Dynamic Bearings, Maxtor Shock Protection System and Maxtor Data Protection System". Oh yeah.

thanks for your replies

UPDATE 1.12

Due to your (and one of my friends') advices, I've decided to change some parts.

I'll get the AN7, the reviews were praising and the price ain't that bad.

I'm gonna purchase a CL2.5 memory instead of CL3. No big difference in price. I just dunno if should get some known brand like Kingston, or some cheap stuff like Transcend...?

I found (after intense searching) some XP-M cpus. Now I just gotta decide which one to take :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom