120Hz vs 60hz

Talyor

In Runtime
Is the hz really important? I just bought a Samsung Syncmaster S27A550h, Its a 27 Inch 60 Hz Led Monitor 1920x1080 for 185 dollars :-0

Whats the Difference between 120hz vs 60hz.
I Have a AMD Radeon 7870 Overclocked Ghz Edition
i5-3570k
16 Gigs 1866 Mhz Ram

I have a 120hz 40 Inch Led tv :0

not too much if your gaming. 120HZ is the refresh rate of the tv, so it will flash an image 120 times a second. This is great if your watching movies and sports. So say your graphics card gets 80fps in skyrim but your tv is 60HZ, then the max you can see is 60fps. if you had a 120hx tv then you could see the up to 120fps. think of it like that. 1hz = 1 fps

please somebody correct me if i am wrong. i am not 100% sure about what i said
But i know 60hz is 60fps and 120hz is 120fps. i am not sure if the graphics card is timed with the tv though. for example, while your graphics card could be doing a frame but your tv is in the middle of another frame, so it wouldnt be able to display that frame

please somebody tell me if what i said is right, i know most of it is though

hope this helps!

Well I think Im gonna get an HDMI Splitter so I use the 27 Inch monitor for certain games that use 60 fps or less but play games that my radeon 7870 goes 60+ on my 40 inch led tv :0

Well I think Im gonna get an HDMI Splitter so I use the 27 Inch monitor for certain games that use 60 fps or less but play games that my radeon 7870 goes 60+ on my 40 inch led tv :0

ok what i said was right.
6ya get the splitter and you will be all set.(BTW dont get a very expensive splitter as it is a waste of money, like hdmi cables that cost 50 bucks, all they have to do is transmit ones or zereos so it not like an hdmi caple will lower the quality of the ones and zeros! this grinds my gears!)

EDIT
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=HDMI+splitter+amazon
dont buy from a store they price everything too high, i got 3 sata 6gb/s cables for 9 bucks online, at any store near me(best buy, radioshack, few others) it cost 19.99

Last edited:
that's what vsync is for. ;)

o really? thanks, i noticed on a few cut-scenes i had some screen tearing, i must not have had VSYNC on,
thanks

btw you really should play on a higher quality if you your getting like 90fps, i would say a good fps is 50 and up

i moved from ps3 to pc
bf3 was 30fps(locked) and 640p upscaled so if thats fine then 50fps is good. i would try to stay around 60 though

hey, i dont have bf3 for PC, is it worth getting it? i dont really support EA's rushing of games and how day 1 problems still havent been fixed. I mean come on EA, a 160mb day 1 moh patch, not really a big deal, a day 1 bf3 patch, then a huge 1gb MOH warF. i mean wtf EA stop rushing and get that sh!t done right the first time,! Why dont they hire a few more people! they are EA they are money! i mean fifa made crazy money, now they will prob screw up the fifa games a bit(btw i dont have any sports games)

does anybody agree? i should make a thread, wait everybody agrees!

Hmm i guess ill just lock the fps at 60 and is VSync only for Nvidia cards or is it for amd too and you guys got any vsync recomendations?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom