Trouble with new card possibly?

Lopather

Beta member
Hi guys my problem is that since i got this new card my comps crashed 2/3 times today alone and the same error code pops up. Hope someone can help here. Also when i was running the likes of Arma2 or Guildwars2 on medium settings i noticed the motherboard was hitting 58-60 degrees. Never done that with the old card :confused:

Specs - AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T Processor
Microsoft Windows 7 (6.1) Ultimate Edition 64-bit
ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3
HIS Radion HD 7770GHz Editon 1GB DDR5
12gb Corsair Vengeance
Seagate 1Tb HDD
XFX 550 ProSeries

Driver are all up-to-date also

Error code from WhoCrashed

[FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]On Wed 31/10/2012 23:41:20 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\103112-20607-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module:
[/FONT][FONT=Segoe UI, Arial][FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]ntoskrnl.ex[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Segoe UI, Arial][FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]e[/FONT] (nt+0x4B09CC)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA800A9D08F8, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR[/FONT]
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]Microsoft® Windows® Operating System[/FONT]
company: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]Microsoft Corporation[/FONT]
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.
[/FONT]

Motherboards don't exactly get warm at all. Most likely the temp you are looking at is the CPU which 58-60 load is pretty normal.

Do some testing to see who is causing the crash. This could take a while so I would grab a cup of coffee or something. Download Intelburntest and Coretemp and run both of them. Do a test with these settings:
All Threads
Maximum Stress Level
5 loops

Let us know the load temps and maximum which Coretemp will show. If the computer crashes and it isn't due to heat then it could be a RAM issue. We will get to that later if need be.

Next up download both Furmark and MSI Afterburner and install them. Open both and run the Furmark test and using Afterburner let us know your load temps.

Will do but ive a feeling due to the new card it was putting a lot of stress onto the processor which caused it to shut down. Also i should've stated that the temp is in Celsius no Fahrenheit. Ive toned down the card an stuck a slightly better heat sink on till i can get a new one and its balanced out at 46 degrees celsius.

No way the card is taxing the CPU. There is something else going on instead.
Now that i think about it, what was your card before? You could be having a power problem.

Card before that was a ATI Hd 6770 1gb. Specs for the new card say psu 500watt minimum, as was the last card too Oo

I know this, and the 7770 max consumption is about 20w less. Doesn't mean there might not be a problem with your PSU. Did you do those tests yet?

What do you mean by "tone the card down" and "put a new heatsink on".
New heatsink on what? Nothing is getting hot enough to warrant any kind of temp problem. You are either having an instability, card failure, or driver problem.

Ok sorry about that only got round to finishing the Intel Burn Test now. results should be here now in the post as well. As for the "toning down" i lowered the High Performance GPU down from 1000Mhz to 800Mhz and also the Memory clock setting from 1325Mhz to 1000Mhz, the heatsink i said was for the cpu, i was a slightly better one than the stock i had given to me by a friend. I still have to do the Furmark and MSI Afterburner tests. Hopefully il have them started in a couple of minutes.

Attachments

• IBT.jpg
    IBT.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 0
  • CoreTemp-Scr.png
    CoreTemp-Scr.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 0
Ok CPU looks good.
If GPU checks out then you have a software/driver conflict.

Also, with a more powerful card the CPU will be utilized more. It will increase temps at nominal usage.

Yeah i think that was the problem. As since ive reinstalled the drivers and it seems to be running ok now. Still going to keep an eye on it incase though.
But thank you for your help mate :D

Back
Top Bottom