Which should i upgrade?

Siorad

Solid State Member
Hey everyone, i bought my computer last year runs great but i've been wanting to upgrade my graphics card for awhile. I'm not sure if it would benefit me to upgrade anything else that's why i'm posting here. Ill mostly be doing light gaming (not hardcore like skyrim on best graphics).
Now for my computer specs.

Intel core i3-2120 cpu @ 3.30GHz
6gb Ram
1TB Hard drive
Intel Hd Graphics
(Unsure of any other computer specs)

Alot of people say that Intel Hd graphic cards are terrible for gaming would like it if someone could help me find a better graphics card (hopefully not to expensive as i don't have much money but would just like to see what my options are.)

The main reason i'm posting this thread is that i want to upgrade my graphics card (if that's the best option for gaming). I'm just unsure of which graphic cards would be compatible with my computer and wanted to check with some people who have experience with this before i waste my money.

If i missed anything in my post let me know and ill try to add in the info.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:
If you bought a prebuilt computer we will need to know the model before we can suggest any card to put in it. Then we will need to know the budget.

As for the graphics, yes you need to upgrade for gaming. Only other thing which everything will benefit from could be an SSD which will speed up your computer in all general areas.

Yeah it was a prebuilt computer.

The model is Gateway - DX4860

I hope that's what is needed if its not, not sure where to find it. As for budget preferably 100-200$ but even if you think something more expensive would be better post it to. I can always just wait and save up more.

Last edited:
Ok thanks, is the 650ti nvidea? Also do you know if its compatible with my computer or would i have to look into it to find it out? Sorry for all the questions.

On top of PP Mguire's recommendation, i'd say the Sapphire radeon series of graphics cards perform a lot better than Nvidia's just because of durability during gameplay and years to last if you aren't looking to make future pricey purchases. Just my two cents (can pickup from bestbuy or newegg.com). Be sure to inspect the PCI slot you have as well. 2.1 or higher will be compatible with the newest and best Sapphire radeon cards.
Basically i'd say do some comparisons with other cards just to be sure before making a purchase!

Easy context clues say he has a gen 2 slot due to having a Sandy Bridge CPU.

Can't exactly go along with the other part. Sapphire is the card manufacturer and board partner whereas Nvidia is the chip maker. Can't really compare the two. The 650ti barely makes any heat or takes any power compared to its rivals in the price range and is small enough to guarantee fit in his case. As for durability, one can argue the latter for either side. Every company has their problems, it comes down to customer service. In the US, eVGA is top notch.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom