Search Broken

Re: Seach Broken

I was able to use the Search feature myself. Then again I have also reformatted recently. Have you tried logging out and clearing you cache?

Yes, this is actually a fresh install, and has nothing to do with the browser, it's the fact the forum is returning to me an error. I honestly think it's permissions related for some reason, so far everyone that says it works is mod/admin, ones that have so far said in this thread that it doesn't work are typical users.

A few things I KNOW as fact: For at least 2 years now the data base HAS been corrupt in such a way that search can't search beyond a certain point in it. Though posts exist, search never could return results for those posts. I bet you can't get search to find every thread I have ever made to this day. Now, ever since the most recent move, I have been unable to search for ANYTHING what so ever, on MULTIPLE computers. This is a software bug or database corruption. This is NOT a "user" error. I have tried on numerous machines, different browsers, forced refresh, even by-passed my squid proxy in the event it was caching an error page.

Last edited:

Hey everyone, I think the dataset is just too large. Fortunately we have already built a solution (our custom sphinx integration). I am installing now and will let you know when it is complete. :)

Ok, installed. Search should be pretty fast now, and no more timeouts. :)

Back
Top Bottom