Do you Hardcore PC enthusiats have good speakers?

steve10765

Daemon Poster
You guys spend hundreds on your PC, but are you forgetting about sound quality?
what speakers do you use?

I use these, its a way better alternative to my tv speakers(my monitor is my tv)
the subwoofer makes such a huge difference, and these speakers are not even top quality or huge, they sound great though and feel great when I'm driving a tank or flying a jet in BF3. Music feels better also!

if your crazy into sound do you have a dedicated sound card? my mobo is noted for its better than average sound card(integrated)

if you dont have speakers that are good you should grab the ones i linked, they are pretty good
SUBWOOOOOOFER :) so much better sound!

My parents bought me an iPod speaker/radio for christmas last year, which has an 'audio in' option. I have used it ever since, and the quality is immense.

Although, unfortunately, no subwoofer... ;)

I have speakers that look very similar to these
mYDPmF-0MFp4Db690DnSMJA.jpg

They're about 30 years old and sound better than anything I've heard coming out today.

AudioEngine 5 speakers (way better sound quality than Logitech speakers. And I own Z-5500's too)
Audio Technica AD900 headphones

X-Fi Titanium HD optical out to SMSL SD-1955 DAC. Considering getting a Matrix mini-i

For me it's a simple ~$30 headset. I like playing with a mic and I broke me last mic after less than a year, and have had many close encounters with my current one (luckily they are break resistant) so spending a lot on audio atm is pointless for me. However, I do love sound quality, I just haven't spent enough to have high end audio as of yet. A sound card is a necessity imo, even my simple Xonar DG changed a things quite a bit (for the better).

I would rather play with a headset too really, the speakers are more for blasting out music.

I have some nice Turtle Beaches for my Xbox, but i'm not sure if they work with the computer... And even then, they eat through batteries way too much, so i would prefer to find something else.

I used to have a surround sound setup for my PC, but I don't even know what I did with it. I think I gave it away. Now, if I want high quality sound, I just use my gaming headset. :)

Back
Top Bottom