Bios password removal Toshiba Laptop

daddie05

Solid State Member
Is there a way to bypass or remove a bios password. I've tried booting to an old Hirens boot cd, and reinstalling windows, but it won't let me boot the cd's. I heard removing the cmos battery works, but I haven't tried it. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Have you tried removing the cmos battery for a long time? (30-45 minutes)

Here's a link with a bunch of manufacturer backdoor passwords. Good luck.

On laptops, you can't always remove the CMOS battery (sometimes it's soldered onto the board). If this is the case, and the link Veraster doesn't help, usually you need to send it into the manufacturer. Sometimes removing the CMOS battery doesn't clear the BIOS password though either, just the settings.

i'm going to try and remove the cmos battery. hopefully that works. I'll post my results.

Unfortunately, removing the cmos didn't work. Is there any bootable software that can be run? Maybe Hiren's boot cd?

That would be because it uses a type of NVRAM to store the password. The only way to remove the password is to send the machine back to the manufacture and pay the price for a new motherboard.

Sometimes there's contacts you can short to reset the CMOS, usually hidden under the RAM in one of the access ports.
See if you can find something that says CLR_CMOS in small white letters

Back
Top Bottom