Sleeving Services - PSU?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosBlizzard

Banned
I attempted to sleeve my PSU, however without a molex remover it was a pain. So I decided it would probably be better to have it done by someone who has done this before. I want to know if there are any professional companies that sell this service?

I wanted it done in Blue UV sleeving with Blue UV molex connectors.

I have a ThermalTake 480Watt PSU.

Thanks for any resouces.

xoxide.com sells the kits.. But you will kill yourself when you get it and you realize what you got yourself into.. It's not easy fitting those molex connectors over the loom.

I would rather find a professional service I can send my PSU into.

What about just buying a molex connector remover? Or do you think it'd still be a pain? Personally I think it probably would still be a pain even with that tool, but generally I don't like trying to re-wire or take apart molex connectors anyway. Plus if there was a service it'd probably be cheap and easy, but I really haven't actually heard of any service doing that. Don't suppose you could just hit up a local computer shop and see if they'd do it...if they quote you a stupid price then just say "well the shop down the street will do it for $10 less " as in my experience most local shops especially if it's granny shop type are quick to give you a deal.

Well I am in Jacksonville FL for College.. In NY we had plenty of mom & pop shops. Here, it's all big business. I would have to find a service online.

hmm...i might have had a differnt kit whwn i did it, but the sleeving was REALLY flexible and i just bunched it up and it slipped over the molex connectors. then you use the plastic wrap stuff and a blow dryer to shrink wrap the ends. Which kit are you using? i would hate to pay someone else to do something like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom