Periodic lag/freezing

If you are using Windows 7, it might be the Aero Effects causing the lag. Try disabling it for some applications and modify your msconfig startup applications. That would be a big help. And... "RAM : 8 GB DDR3 RAM" So what are you using? 32 bit or 16 bit of What OS?

" 32 bit or 16 bit of What OS ". There's no 16 bit OS. There's 32 bit and 64 bit.
I'm using Windows 7 64 bit.
And, I don't think Aero effects should cause any lag or decrease in performance on my PC. I didn't buy a PC with such performance to turn off stuff.

" 32 bit or 16 bit of What OS ". There's no 16 bit OS. There's 32 bit and 64 bit.
I'm using Windows 7 64 bit.
And, I don't think Aero effects should cause any lag or decrease in performance on my PC. I didn't buy a PC with such performance to turn off stuff.

Yeah sorry it's 64 bit. Personally, I think there is a bug in Aero Effects of Windows 7. No matter what high are your specs. Just like the game folder bug before.

Yeah sorry it's 64 bit. Personally, I think there is a bug in Aero Effects of Windows 7. No matter what high are your specs. Just like the game folder bug before.
I've had windows 7 on my previous PC, didn't have such issues.

The installation went smooth, no problems. Can a corrupted windows software actually cause such problems? I could try a reinstall of windows 7 if that'll really help.
The highest temperature I've recorded for my card was 81C.
I also game on a pretty small 17'' on 1280x1024, so I think that the FPS drops is very weird as the GTX 560 Ti is, supposedly, a powerhouse and runs the same games I have at better framerates at full HD according to benchmarks, so I know something is wrong.

Sorry haven't been able to reply. So another member was having the same issue, but I don't think your car is having that problem. What are your CPU temps under load? You can use Intelburntest and Coretemp to view maximum achieved load temp. If the CPU is getting too hot and throttling it can cause freezing and dips. 81c is also pretty warm if your 560ti is stock.

Back
Top Bottom