Will people speak Java language in Ukraine?

Sveta

Banned
After the controversial law on languages came into force in Ukraine, the Internet users couldn't but ignore this news. Later appeared an information that one of the Ukrainian programmers offered to give Java the status of "regional language" in Lviv.

The law is aimed at approving the use of any minority language in courts, schools and other government institutions in areas where the percentage of its users exceeds 10% of the population. Of course at first it was just a joke, but after that, the developer has created a real online petition, which has already gathered 700 votes.

The main points of his petition:
- Java-programmers are in absolute minority
- They are forced to use other languages
- Java-programmers have no legal right to communicate in their mother tongue
- Programmers can`t give their children Java-names, such as Hashkod, Block, Systems, etc
- There are no schools in which children can learn Java language.

The developer himself admits that this is just a "subtle trolling" but he didn't expect to find so many people, who shared his idea. It was really inspiring. What's why if it gets more public support, he would have to organize demonstrations and picketing:)

Let's wish him good luck in such a noble effort. Unfortunately, it is just a pipe dream. But we decided to conduct a survey and find out what programming language is the most popular. For the responders we have chosen programmers of a successful and rapidly growing company INP-software (Ukraine, Zhytomyr). The majority of workers have chosen:

C# - 43%
C++ - 6%
Java - 10%
PHP - 25%
SQL - 9 %
other - 7%

And What about you? What programming language would you like to have as a "regional" in your own town? Is it possible that someday we will have Java or C# schools and people would use them for everyday communication?
Your opinion is important for us!

The main points of his petition:
- Java-programmers are in absolute minority
- They are forced to use other languages
- Java-programmers have no legal right to communicate in their mother tongue
- Programmers can`t give their children Java-names, such as Hashkod, Block, Systems, etc
- There are no schools in which children can learn Java language.

1. So what? IF I travel there and I am the minority does that mean I can start a petition for them to make my language I invent Law?

2. Yeah. That is what happens when you want to communicate with people all over the world on this new thing called the World Wide Web. Not all 6+Billion people speak the same language. Its called a fact of life. Live with it.

3. Re-read above. Same applies.

4. If that is the case then they can not give names to their children that have ever been used before or will ever be used in the Technological world. cant have their kid be named after something that might exist in the future world of Java coding. So now they will all be known as Guy or Girl.

5. There is no school that teaches how to communicate on the internet with other people. So what get over it.

Sorry but this is nothing but a joke. If it was happening in the USA, people would be all over it like white on rice and having a massive viral fit about it.

I'm confused at the whole point of this article... You don't speak Java, you program it. Is this what you meant to say?

Dear carnageX,
You are absolutely right. We don't speak Java, you program it. It is just a play upon words. This piece of news is just a frame for the question- What programming language would you choose? What is the most popular?

Dear Mak, thanks for your respond)
1. According to this law yes, you can choose any language only if the percentage of its users exceeds 10% of the population.
2, 3, 4 Absolutely agree with you. The author himself admits that this is just a "trolling". We shouldn't take it too serious.
I guess I wasn't the best place for this article, I wanted to know your opinion. The core question of this article is “What programming languages are the most popular?”
I'm confused at the whole point of this article... You don't speak Java, you program it. Is this what you meant to say?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom