In Runtime
Hello everyone how is it going!
So I've built a new PC, specs :
CPU : Core i5 3450
Mobo : Gigabyte P61A-D3
GPU : GTX 560 Ti
RAM : 8 GB DDR3 RAM
HDD : 1 TB HDD
So I've been experiencing a periodic lag, which I noticed both normally and in a game ( Crysis 2, which is the only game I've been playing since I got this ). The computer freezes for a sec, then goes on. Also it occured in Crysis 2 twice, once it froze for a sec or two then continuted, the other time the FPS dropped from constant 60 FPS to something like 45 FPS for a sec or two then returned to 60 FPS.
Also one time the computer totally froze and I had to do a reboot from the reset button.
What's up? Any help is appreciated.
P.S : Btw, what's the best way to update the nvidia GPU drivers ( particularly this one, GTX 560 ). Should I just install the new driver directly, or remove the first one first? If removing first, should I just manually remove it through windows or...?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Download the latest beta drivers and regularly install them. There is an idle clock issue with factory overclocked cards and the latest WHQL drivers. I figure they would have fixed this by now.

My gpu is GTX 560 Ti, not GTX 560 only. Figured out I should put that too.
So, what updates should I install? Only GPU updates? And should I remove the old drivers first?

Updated GPU driver, still the same problem. And it occurs on windows, even on firefox only.
Any ideas?

I used to have the same freezing and crashing problem with Firefox which eventually made me switch to Chrome.

The only other thing I can suggest is to uninstall the drivers, then driver sweep, reboot, reinstall beta drivers.

What is the model of your card exactly?

Back
Top Bottom