3500 stock temps yikes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

U-Toast

Fully Optimized
im runing prime 95 now.. my cpu is a 59, thats pretty damn hot. I know my thermal pad got a little messed up, as i had to remove the cou a few times, not having tuned the pc one yet, so the thermal pad got messed up, could that explain it? ima getting a new HSF soon anyways

Yes, every time you remove the Heatsink it is strongly recommended that you clean the excess compound off, and apply a new layer.

Yeah, if there is one ounce :S of copper or whatever metal showingm, the friction will increase because of the tiny itty bitty cuts and holes on both the CPU and the heat sink, thus less heat transfer creating more heat. It has to have a given path so it takes the path of what is contacting that other one and therefore more heat is passed through.

bleh lol

Yeah, if there is one ounce :S of copper or whatever metal showingm, the friction will increase because of the tiny itty bitty cuts and holes on both the CPU and the heat sink, thus less heat transfer creating more heat. It has to have a given path so it takes the path of what is contacting that other one and therefore more heat is passed through.

bleh lol
Yeah just for the hell of it I took an AMD64 stock heatsink and put a flame below it and held it by the top part of the Fins....it was just kind of interesting to sit there and hold it for a LOOOONG freaking time before the top part of the fins got hot, and by that time, you could feel the bottom getting cold (of course flame stopped :p ) and the top of the fins still hot, so it really is amazing how well those heatsinks pull heat away from CPU's

Pretty tricksy but rather easy if you think about it, if you want I will give you a little chat on how they work (for those who dont know how they work).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom