My first Build

I apologize I thought I linked one way up there. I do too many of these threads.

Newegg.com - ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

As for Gigabyte, I received a ton of their review product as well as have a UD3R I need to have RMAd. Any time I needed them they never wanted to do what was needed so I had to eat product and I gave them a bad score because of it. My friend had to wait 6 weeks after sending in their most expensive P45 board and then they called him and said they lost it AND the video card he had sent in 2 weeks prior. They didn't want to replace it until he made mention he was a reviewer on the same site as me and we would really start bashing the crap out of them. I speak with personal experience on Gigabyte and even though this was 3 years ago I doubt seriously they have really changed. I think people are just getting lucky that somebody on the phone was in a good mood. Like I said though, it's up to you. I personally know the head of RMA over at eVGA and that is why I recommend them.

You can build a computer in that budget. I just built my computer for $720. A good way to save money is to look for open box/refurbished deals. I would suggest subscribing to the Newegg Newsletter because they have sales pretty much every other day. I got every single one of my computer components on sale/open box. Another way to save money is to getting an AMD processor instead of an Intel. Intel multitasks better, but is it worth spending hundreds more? The most expensive AMD processor for a desktop is an 8 core processor for $189 while a quad core i5 is $220. Just something to think about

Thanks for all your help ...may i ask you what your background is? Your very knowledgable and i appreciate that... i didnt want appear that i wasn't listening ,thanks to everyone for trying to save me money but im willing to spend a little more extra for quality or upgrading in future. What about a wireless bluetooth card? Any suggestions..

Another way to save money is to getting an AMD processor instead of an Intel. Intel multitasks better, but is it worth spending hundreds more?

depends on the budget, but it's probably worth another hundred bucks to go intel.

The most expensive AMD processor for a desktop is an 8 core processor for $189 while a quad core i5 is $220. Just something to think about

few programs run more than 2 cores. some video and photo editing will take advantage of more cores, but most people here use their computers for gaming, 5% of which might use 4 cores. most just 2 if that. paying for more slower cores isnt worth it.

Thanks for all your help ...may i ask you what your background is? Your very knowledgable and i appreciate that... i didnt want appear that i wasn't listening ,thanks to everyone for trying to save me money but im willing to spend a little more extra for quality or upgrading in future. What about a wireless bluetooth card? Any suggestions..
Been playing with computers since I was 7 and started in DOS. First PC of my own was a Pentium 1 and moved on up. Been a hardware/overclocking/tweaking person ever since. Currently a reviewer for Bjorn3d.com again (did it for 2 years previousl), and IT maintenance for a company in Dtown Dallas. I specialize in gaming builds and knowing hardware down to a science where I can bracket CPUs and GPUs based on performance in my head. I don't know why, just something I enjoy doing. I predicted Piledriver will suck, I was correct =)

I was just about to ask you about Piledriver. Is Piledriver not any better than Bulldozer? What is the difference between the Zambezi series vs the Vishera series? Still not an Intel contender?

Still isn't. 5-10% increase in IPC and single threaded performance. Until they can close the gap clock for clock they wont be a contender at all. I would say Piledriver is starting to close the gap to SB, but only almost.

Back
Top Bottom