Recommended Browers?

Binary Ranger

Banned
Hello! I am currently using Firefox to write this topic! Firefox has been my browser of choice since my old tech-headed friends first started making fun of me years ago for using Internet Explorer.

But lately I have been wondering, what other types of browsers are there? What would you all recommend?

The only other one I know of is Chrome, and I never tried it out. Namely because half of the sites I visit claim that Chrome may cause errors. That, and I'm not a huge supporter of Google.

Never had a problem with Chrome. I switched from FF when I was having issues with websites in FF, but worked fine and faster in Chrome.

Major browsers:
IE
FireFox
Chrome
Opera
Safari
Chromium (Chrome is based on this -- there's TONS of browsers based off of Chromium since it's open source).

Those are the ones off of the top of my head.

Namely because half of the sites I visit claim that Chrome may cause errors. That, and I'm not a huge supporter of Google.

First the sites would have to be coded wrong for them not to work properly in Chrome. Google Chrome is more standardized than any other browser out there right now including Firefox.

Next, you say you dont support Google yet Mozilla and Google have a deal. Ever wonder why when you install you get Google as the start page? So you are supporting them by using a product that uses Google as their primary search agent.

Last I have a couple topics on this already.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f50/browsers-one-why-228193/
http://www.techist.com/forums/f50/web-browsers-list-168148/

Google Chrome is the most popular but Firefox is my favorite. I've given Chrome several honest chances but it's too hard to use. Firefox makes me forget I'm even using it and I just focus on the content of the webpages instead of focusing on how stupid the chrome layout is and being annoyed the whole time on little things.

Next, you say you dont support Google yet Mozilla and Google have a deal. Ever wonder why when you install you get Google as the start page? So you are supporting them by using a product that uses Google as their primary search agent.

I said I wasn't a huge supporter. I didn't say I hated Google to the point of not wanting anything to do with it.

Besides, if I used Chrome that would be using something that came directly from Google. As for Mozilla, it was just something I was introduced to years ago and it just stuck with me.

I mainly just wanted to know what types of browsers there were. I only ever see the common folk using Internet Explorer. To be honest I've never seen anyone I know using Chrome, but then again I don't know many people. :p

I am still a big Firefox user, mainly because of how customizable the interface is for me. As an example, here's my current setup:

fflayout.jpg

I love Google Chrome. I started using it a couple of years ago when Firefox used to be much slower. Really, the numbers for the Big Three browsers are very similar. They all run relatively the same. I read an article comparing IE9, Firefox, and Chrome recently. There were several tests performed on each browser and for the most part Firefox and Chrome shared the highest scores, but IE9 does run video better ie. Youtube, etc.

I've been a Firefox user for many years now but I've mostly moved to Chrome at this point. I haven't been as happy with the recent versions of Firefox and Chrome has always been faster and more stable for me.

I was a Firefox user for years and years and made the jump to Chrome out of the blue one day.... Haven't looked back.

Back
Top Bottom