which computer is better

I asked some other people as well, they said it's fine, quoted:
'The Antec is fine for that system.

If you later decided to get another graphics card for SLI, then you'd need to up the PSU. But for a system with a single GTX 670, it's fine.

Many users overestimate their PSU needs.'

Nvidia says minimum recommended is 500w on that card, and 520w barely exceeds that. Their High Current line are their top of the line IIRC, but only 80% Bronze and 87% efficiency at max load. Up to you in the end.

Edit: To give you an idea, you can lower the cost on that system and get some better parts as well if you build it yourself. For instance, for less than their "MSRP" on that Antec PSU you can have a Corsair HX 650w which is gold certified. You could have the same machine for less than 1000 I bet.

Last edited:
I second the PSU selection, compared to the parts. I would always self build over pre-built it is easy and fun and cheaper!

further, im weary of power supplies labeled as 'gamer'. both corsair and antec are really top of the line psu makers, but i wouldnt overly trust their budget line.

just because people/friends said it worked, doesn't mean it will. if the Requirement like PP Mguire said, then you shouldn't risk it. you want to buy a new computer then you might of get 700W Power supplier, or even more for future upgrades. because if you get 500 and for e.g you want to Tri-SLI or such, then you will have to get a whole new power supplier and take all the wires off, which will be a pain if your nor familiar with the work.

Back
Top Bottom