Need Help picking a mobo

Knight51

Baseband Member
I need help deciding on which mother board to get for my next build.
I'm currently looking at 2.

The asus maximus v formula and the asrock oc formula.
for the price of the asrock it's hard not to go that way, but
the v formula has better sound quility, more pcie 3.0 slots, and
built in wifi and bluetooth. The only problem is the v formula is
about 100+ more than the asrock. just wondering if you guys can
give me feedback or even real experiences with these boards. Thanks

Asus
Newegg.com - ASUS Maximus V FORMULA/THUNDERFX LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard

Asrock
Newegg.com - ASRock Z77 OC Formula LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard

2 questions here.

1, are you going to be doing high 24/7 OCs under a good custom water loop?
2, will you be doing 3 way SLI?

If your answer is no to either of these questions, then you don't need either of these ridiculously priced motherboards.

I will be doing some overclocking and I'm planning on having a 3 way water loop,
I'm not going to have 3 way sli, just 2 cards, I also want to be able to upgrade in the future.

If you're really serious in dropping some cash on this then my choice would be the ASRock Extreme 9 over both.

If it has to be of those 2 then the Asus.
Also, sound quality is irrelevant unless you have a speaker system or cans capable of hearing said quality differences.

Haha yeah I doubt my headset will take advantage of the sound,
One of the biggest plus for me is how both are able to be water cooled. The extreme 9 seems very good. Idk I guess I'll wait to see which one has a big deal.

Because there is no NB on the board to cool, and the PWMs are digital so they stay cooler than older boards. Only way to seriously heat them up is under LN2 or DICE.

Back
Top Bottom