Need help wiping hard drives

*|EFU|*pcgamer

Solid State Member
Hey I wish to wipe my computers drives but I cant seem to find a way how to. I lost my windows 7 disk. And apparently best buy and office max only sell upgrade download codes now. I blue screen right when I get to the windows flag screen when loading my computer up. And I blue screen in the short time between when safe mode loads the drivers and when the safe mode login screen appears. I tried buring a windows 7 ISO to a disk and switching my boot list and that didn't work. Any help would be appreciated.

If you want to wipe your drive so that you can reinstall Windows, use an Ubuntu or Puppy Linux Live CD (do a google search to find the iso) and reformat it with Gparted which is already on the cd. Gparted is one of the most useful programs ever made.

If you want to wipe your drive so that you can reinstall Windows, use an Ubuntu or Puppy Linux Live CD (do a google search to find the iso) and reformat it with Gparted which is already on the cd. Gparted is one of the most useful programs ever made.

Don't even need Ubuntu or a Linux LiveCD to get GParted. You can get GParted, or even Parted Magic (GParted + CloneZilla and other tools).

The Ultimate Boot CD should have every thing you need, including Parted Magic, Darik's Boot and Nuke plus a lot of other software programs including memory testing and hard drive diagnostic too
Ultimate Boot CD - Download the UBCD

You'll need a third party software to burn an .iso file to cd disk, then set up your bios to boot your cd/dvd drive as the first device in the boot order (There's a guide on the web page I linked too)

Back
Top Bottom