HD 5970 Graphic bugs

Neptunss

Beta member
So i have a problem. I´ve been using my PC for 2.5 years now and couple of months ago i started having graphic bugs. At the beginning it was just ocasional bug but it started becoming more and more often until one day it went completely crazy. Adding a screen-shot so you would understand what im talking about. Every time i turned on any game or even aero theme in windows it would start showing bugs, games were lagging and running FurMark stress test would result in blue screen.

So i send it to shop i bought it from because my warranty was for 3years and they told me that it was drivers problem(even tho i havent changed drivers when it started happening and later i tried to format my PC and reinstal all drivers it would still keep showing graphic bugs)

Well anyway. The problem is that even though everything works now. Games run fine (no lags), FurMark test runs fine, 3DMark gives relatively good scores compared to people having similiar systems. But i noticed that when playing games ocasionaly there are still some graphic bugs popping up (like a spike of graphic that was not supposed to be there... Pretty much like in the screenshot but just in smaller scale)

So can someone tell me is there a real problem in the card or is it just ocasional bugs that i shouldn´t worry about? The warranty for the card ends in a month or two and i really don´t want to have the same problem come up again when the warranty is over. Thank you very much for your help.

I´m using windows 7 (32bit), MSI Afterburner for fan control (no overclock), DirectX 11. Catalyst version 12.8.

CPU - I5 -750

Motherboard - Gigabyte P55-UD3

View image: 11111 - Screen shot of the bug

Who is the maker of your ati-card ?
If you can, call the shop back, and ask them for the manufacturers phone number.
Be sure to give the tech support the screen shot and any logs they may request.
It sounds like the card is unstable so I would look into replacing it or go for the ati 6000 series.

Hi,

Have you tried installing a different, previous version of the AMD Catalyst Display Driver to test if the issue persists?

If so, taking into account that you've already tried re-formatting and re-installing the graphics driver, it's looking like a graphics card hardware fault to me. I'd suggest getting it replaced under warranty before this expires.

One other thing you could try in troubleshooting the issue is, if you have a second desktop computer (or a willing friend with a suitable desktop PC) test the graphics card in another PC using the latest graphics driver and a previous graphics driver and see if the same issue occurs.

Back
Top Bottom