Where can i download a free Ghost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCC Fan

In Runtime
I'm trying to copy a 10 gig harddrive to a 40 gig harddrive using some sort of ghost program. i can't find a website that will offer a free download for this. i have a cd that came with the motherboard but it doesn't work with xp. so can anyone help URGENTLY (as in reply tonight) with a website that has a free version of a ghost program?

Well, I think Norton Anti-Virus has a utility, other than that I am pretty sure that they are all pay only.

OCC Fan said:
i have a cd that came with the motherboard but it doesn't work with xp.

that's because ghost runs in native dos, not under windows. goto bootdisk.com, download the winME startup disk and make it. copy your ghost.exe to another blank floppy. boot your machine with the winME disk and at the command prompt swap your ghost floppy into the drive and run the program

A:\ghost

May as well post here--Any good automatic compression (i.e. set time to backup, and compresses files to backup drive) or any other automatic backup systems that are FREEEEE!?

try microsoft Backup under system tools. reset the archive bit on all the files you want to backup and use an incremental on a weekly or daily schedule using Task Scheduler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom