Display Problem...All of a sudden...

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh I guess I skimmed too quickly over his thread, I'm guessing he has CRT huh

Well, LCD's do not have electron guns...
Ahh yeah I guess that would make it understandable that they would have lower refresh rates then, because I can see now how a gun would pulsate better, and quicker than the LCD's.....Anyone know what the top refresh rate is for a LCD? Not like a highend model LCD, but just around average

Gotta love copy/paste!

Yes, I would suggest you get a new monitor if you have the money. If yours cannot handle the refresh rate of 85Hz then I would say it is about time to upgrade that honkey tonk!

I mean... ITS BLOWING SMOKE!!! HELLO?! LOL!

Unless you have a Gremlin addicted to ciggs living in your Monitor, that would appear to be the ultimate solution!

Nubius said:
Ahh yeah I guess that would make it understandable that they would have lower refresh rates then, because I can see now how a gun would pulsate better, and quicker than the LCD's.....Anyone know what the top refresh rate is for a LCD? Not like a highend model LCD, but just around average

I myself have never seen an LCD go above 75Hz.. So your normal as far as that is concerned. They are composed of transisters, so they don't require an electron gun.. That saves room, at the expense of quality.

Transistors also can't put out true color..

Nubius said:

i have never seen refresh rate on LCDs measured in Hz. My viewsonic is at 16ms, the standard cheaper LCDs are around 25ms, and the fastest i have seen are 12ms. the smaller the ms (milliseconds) the faster.

Unless you have a Gremlin addicted to ciggs living in your Monitor, that would appear to be the ultimate solution!
lol that's just funny

i have never seen refresh rate on LCDs measured in Hz. My viewsonic is at 16ms, the standard cheaper LCDs are around 25ms, and the fastest i have seen are 12ms. the smaller the ms (milliseconds) the faster.
That's not the refresh rate, but rather the TTF rate.....I'm not sure if I got that abbreviation right with TTF, but I know it's not referring to the refresh rate that you set within desktop properties.

Transistors also can't put out true color..
Yeah it was quite a shock to me when I went from a regular monitor to the LCD, but you get used to it after a while and then you don't even notice it, but yeah I know what you mean, technically this thing can't even show a true 'black'

Yeah, I think I will stick to a real monitor.. I don't care about the size of it. I care more about quality than anything else.

:) This monitor has better quality than most TV's.. =P

I even choose to watch my DVD's on it instead of the TV. You can see so many things you wouldn't on a high quality CRT, that you wouldn't on a LCD/TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom