Not enough power?

^I call BS, Fermi cannot seperate clock and shaders. Which sucks for folding.

As for the usb, are you running powered hubs, and/or equipment.

I've seen issues where too many non-powered items have drawn too much power and things come and go.

^I call BS, Fermi cannot seperate clock and shaders. Which sucks for folding.

I've seen issues where too many non-powered items have drawn too much power and things come and go.

He has Kepler, but same difference. I was going to post that MSI Afterburner isn't setup to control boost clock which is why I said grab Precision instead.

To the USB, that's why I asked if he has tried taking the devices off if he gets the same problems.

So in my continued pursuit to fix this issue, I've tried testing again at -150MHz. It seems that the game can last longer before freezing up now, but as soon as this happens, everything pretty much stops working again. Quick question: Am I supposed to declock both the GPU clock and mem clock? If so, by how much each? I've only been offsetting the GPU clock.

Hmmm could be bad motherboard we are looking at.
Network adapter seemed to be having problems today. Don't know if this means anything or not.

The artifacting points to the graphics card failing. It's could be due to underpowering possible? The 750W power supply sounds adequate, it could be the culprit if it's failing.
Any way to test if my PSU is actually drawing the amount of power it's supposed to?

In my first post there is a list of devices that I use connected or drawing power. Tell me what you think.

Sorry forgot about your list.

I think you have way to many non-powered items. Each non powered items draws from the usb line.

As for clocks and memory. Yes they both need to be underclocked together.

I'd do the same drop as your clocks. I'm more suspect of bad memory than core issues, hence why the isssue till is present.

I was consulting with technical support at EVGA, and they said that if I'm having idle power fluctuations of over 0.05v, then the PSU may be faulty. My fluctuations are 0.1v, double that, so maybe the PSU is causing graphics card issues and USB device instability?

By power fluctuations they mean the ripple and 12v dip under load. 0.1v is nothing compared to some of the ****ty PSUs people put heavy graphics cards under. And yea I have to ask too, how are you measuring this? You need a meter set to a 12v hard point in your PSU to measure 12v output under load.

Back
Top Bottom