What do you think?

Looks good for a budget build. Not sure why you picked that fan though. For a $17 fan, 1500 rpm isn't very good. It's also only designed to be mounted vertically.
I use Cooler Master LED fans. They spin fast at 2000rpm (better cooling), have cool LEDs and don't cost as much so you can buy more of them :D

Looks good for a budget build. Not sure why you picked that fan though. For a $17 fan, 1500 rpm isn't very good. It's also only designed to be mounted vertically.
I use Cooler Master LED fans. They spin fast at 2000rpm (better cooling), have cool LEDs and don't cost as much so you can buy more of them :D

Lesson time.
If this build is geared for gaming then it's a bunch of poor decision parts. Again, if it isn't geared for multi-threaded still poor decision and things need to be changed. Ask the purpose first, so you can steer in the right direction.

Next, like I said before RPM does not equal cooling capacity. At 1500RPM that fan does 70CFM. That is excellent for 17 bucks. Not only that, it is hydro-bearing. It will last a very long time if taken care of. I'm talking over 10 years constant use and no squeak.
Remember, a fans measurement of air cooling is how much flow it has which is CFM. Most fans have to spin around 2500RPM to push 70CFM to give you an idea. Noctua fans do around 54-60 at 1200RPM with a high constant static pressure which is great for CPU cooling.

Next, like I said before RPM does not equal cooling capacity. At 1500RPM that fan does 70CFM. That is excellent for 17 bucks. Not only that, it is hydro-bearing. It will last a very long time if taken care of. I'm talking over 10 years constant use and no squeak.
Remember, a fans measurement of air cooling is how much flow it has which is CFM. Most fans have to spin around 2500RPM to push 70CFM to give you an idea. Noctua fans do around 54-60 at 1200RPM with a high constant static pressure which is great for CPU cooling.

Thanks for clarifying my stupidity lol.

What steps would you take to make these fans last longer anyway? Also, I have a stupid question.
Those fans go 1200rpm and deliver 70CFM at 12 volts, right? Would 17 volts= 99 CFM at 1700rpm or would those fans just explode? You can safely supply 17 volts to a normal PC fan (I've had two fans running @ 17 volts in my Xbox 360 for 4 years) but would it burn out that particular fan?

On topic:

It will be helpful to know what the budget for this pc is along with what you will be using it for.

Back
Top Bottom