Issues with rebuild (No video)

webster247

Solid State Member
I have just rebuilt my computer. I originally built this computer. And this is my third rebuild on it. I rebuilt it to put in a new PCU and Graphics card.
:Overjoyed:
Here are the specs:
MB: Asus P7P55LX
Processor: Intel Pentium G6950, 2.80GHZ, 3MB Cache, LGA 1156, 73watt
Ram: Komputer Bay 4gb pc3-10600 DDR3 1333mhz (16gb total)
Processor Cooler: Cooler Master v8
PCU: OCZ ModxStream PRO 500w
Graphics: (have two to choose from {either or, not both} His iceq 1gb or BFG tech geforce GTX280 1gb
Cooling: (8) Turbo cool brush less fans.
HDD:
Main- WD Caviar 160gb (IDE) (WD1600)
Storage- Seagate U series 9 160gb (IDE)
Storage- Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB (sata)
Case: Aspire X-Super alien ATXA6sw

I have tried to switch out the graphics card but still no luck.. Their is NO on bored graphics.. so that is not an option. I have removed everything from the case and installed it back in and still not anything.. it turns on. all the fans and LED lights come on including the Cooler master V8. And i have checked all the wires. everything is in working order. I have even tried a different monitor. ALL the HDD power on. Is it possible that i need a CD driver in it to Get it to turn on for the first time? i had one in it put had to return it to a friend because i borrowed it. it was in it since i built it, i used it to install Windows 7. But now, at the moment all the HDD's are empty.. ANY help would be great!!

Try installing the old processor and using the video cards. If that works, then update the BIOS before reinstalling the new processor.

Hi,

Might be a silly question :p but have you ensured that the external / additional PCIe power supply cables has been properly connected to the graphics card?

Also have you tried resetting the BIOS to default settings (either by removing and re-inserting the CMOS battery after a couple minutes or using the reset pins / switch on the motherboard if applicable)?

Have you tried a different monitor cable just in case - or checked the pins in the existing monitor cable?

Last edited:
I have checck the power cables that go to the gtx. and i have tryed that video card and my other video card. still noughting. sorry for such an un professional reply. i broke my arm recently. but my video cord works. i have it hooked up on my laptop right now to my monitor. so its neither my monitor nor my cord:( and both video cards seem to work. the gtx 280 has a power indicator that tells if it is working properly

What about the ram? Are you sure that didn't come unplugged somehow? Also, most modern video cards can have as many as three vga ports. Have you tried all three (there might just be two) vga ports?

i have tried switching out the ram even and it hasnt worked. i tried resetting the bios and i dont think it even reset the bios i havnt really ever tried it before so ya... but ima try putting it in a differnet case. cuz i had that MB in another tower that was old and crap and it kept restarting ever 2-3 secs. then i put it in thisnewer but still crapy case and it is having problems. im in the process of getting a brand new cooler master case and ima try that:/ idk what else to do. i think ima have to take it down to the computer place have them look at it. unless anyone else has idea? Also my one HIS ICEQ card has one vga and an hdmi and DVI. then the gtx280 has 2 dvi and something else

Back
Top Bottom