And what of the next one?...

LOL no. I go to private school, we have top-notch IT with 24/7 access protection monitoring making sure we aren't doing anything stupid. What i've done so far on my school tablet is reset the BIOS by pulling the CMOS, installing my SIM card for unfiltered internet access, gotten a new HDD, copied old HDD data and cut off crapware, and put it in. Works like a charm.

I'm also currently running a MineCraft server on a library computer, at this moment in time. :youmad:

"Top notch IT monitoring everything 24/7"
"Running minecraft server on a library pc"

You really do lie a ****-ton, sound just like my nephew, ignorant as **** trying to claim a bunch of crap that I know he isn't doing.

LOL no. I go to private school, we have top-notch IT with 24/7 access protection monitoring making sure we aren't doing anything stupid. What i've done so far on my school tablet is reset the BIOS by pulling the CMOS, installing my SIM card for unfiltered internet access, gotten a new HDD, copied old HDD data and cut off crapware, and put it in. Works like a charm.

I'm also currently running a MineCraft server on a library computer, at this moment in time. :youmad:

"Top notch IT monitoring everything 24/7"
"Running minecraft server on a library pc"

You really do lie a ****-ton, sound just like my nephew, ignorant as **** trying to claim a bunch of crap that I know he isn't doing.
I have to agree here. Simply replacing a SIM doesn't give unfiltered access because it still goes through whatever software they have running to monitor. With the budgets you keep giving me for random builds it would make no sense for you to waste money on a HDD for a "tab" to simply copy over their existing data anyways. :CerealGuy:
Top not IT monitoring everything, but doesn't notice a tab missing off their network because it's altered or a Minecraft server running in IT?
Come on man, don't hijack this guys thread with nonsense.

I can vote also for ASUS, i'm not a big fan of Lenovo due to the fact when I worked at Best Buy that was the first time I had ever heard of them. My past experience has always pointed out that I haven't had a high failure rate on those computers. All I can really say is ASUS and best of luck on your computer science degree. :smile:

I can vote also for ASUS, i'm not a big fan of Lenovo due to the fact when I worked at Best Buy that was the first time I had ever heard of them. My past experience has always pointed out that I haven't had a high failure rate on those computers. All I can really say is ASUS and best of luck on your computer science degree. :smile:

Yet, there is no decent Asus in his price range. The Lenovo has a better i7 than the comparable Asus in the price range and more RAM with a bigger HDD.

School computers are rarely ever properly taken care of due to under paid lazy IT people. I would know, I ****ed with the IT team at my high school bad. It took them 2 weeks to fix a (oddly enough) Lenovo computer. All I did was crack the admin password for the whole school to gain full access to the computer, take off their monitoring software, remove Cleanslate, install SP2 and updates, install new drivers, install cracked updated copies of the software they had, install a WoW private server, run F@H, then customize the whole XP theme.

If they are i7s like you say, then odds have it they aren't overheating. The software being run in them is causing lock ups for whatever reason. The only way for an untouched OEM machine to overheat is:
Completely clogged of dust
CPU fan failure (unlikely) or
TIM dried up.

Since the age, it is highly unlikely of the last 2.
Schools install a ton of software to keep kids from getting into bad places like browsing 4chan or downloading an ass load of CP. Back in 2005 my school for its age and how poor it was took a great deal of care to keep kids from doing naughty things on the PC.

Besides all that, their name is still well known in the working industry where it counts. They don't make particularly bad or faulty products aimed at the usual consumer.

Well aren't you an angel?

Let's assume I can magically alter the price range for a second, what would a "good" asus typically go for? About 1500$?

Whoops, double post. Mods can fix it.

For $1500, your best two options are:

Newegg.com - MSI GT Series GT600NC-004US Notebook Intel Core i7 3610QM(2.30GHz) 15.6" 12GB Memory 1TB HDD 7200rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M

Or

Newegg.com - ASUS G55VW-DS71 Notebook Intel Core i7 3610QM(2.30GHz) 15.6" 12GB Memory 750GB HDD 7200rpm DL DVD+/-RW/CD-RW NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M

I have the 17.3" version of the Asus. While it has a weaker GPU than the MSI, it's cooling system works a lot better IMHO. I've used both and for the money the Asus is a solid system.

Yet, there is no decent Asus in his price range. The Lenovo has a better i7 than the comparable Asus in the price range and more RAM with a bigger HDD.

Okay, I meant in general. SORRY lol. I'm saying for people that want a lower price laptop they're better than other ones.

Back
Top Bottom